03 February 2010

My friends personal librarian?

Well, I'm back to the grind of my classes. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be catching up (though I still feel alittle behind). Thank God for fellow SLISers! :D

I came to realize something, or perhaps its just a random though of mine at a late house and coming off of a coffee buzz... that in some ways I fulfill the role of a librarian for my friends. As I was working on some of the homework and readings for my classes, I left my Facebook open, with the chat activated tonight. I was surprised to see the amount of message traffic coming to me from friends (not just here in AL, but on other parts of this country) wanting to know if I knew where to find something or if I knew about something. Maybe the article, 'Information-seeking behavior of basic science researcher: implications for library services', made me think of this. Or maybe I'm realizing how much better I am becoming to finding information.

Regardless, I'm loving it. :)
(Now exit, stage right to the elevators to go home!)

No comments:

Post a Comment