Oh, how many times I recited the closing statement on nights that I closed the Chester Fritz library back up north....
I had to think about it but I still remember it, at least for the most part. I'm not sure at the moment. 'The library will close in 15 minutes, if you intend on checking out materials from the library, please do so now. The photocopiers, printers and microfilm machines will be turned off shortly.' How'd I do? Miss something? Probably. It's been a couple years since I was on the closing shift up there.
Well, tonight I heard the closing statement at the Gorgas Library. It's automated! And it starts off the same, "The library will close in 15 minutes...." For a moment I thought I was back at the Chester Fritz Library, but then reality set in and I found I was at a different library. :/
Must be the UND 'Fighting Sioux' sweater I'm wearing... eh.
You forgot "If you are a creepy stalker, please expose your intentions of sexual predation on the To Catch a Thief program. Your appearance will be more appreciated there."
ReplyDeleteEdited portion of facebook comments from Jen's profile:
Wait, this page won't let me paste. What gives?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAh, here we go:
ReplyDeleteJennifer Conway is planning to buy some pepper spray.
01 October at 00:38 · Comment · Like / Unlike · View feedback (16)Hide feedback (16)
Jennifer Conway
There's a creeper at the library, and I work late on Wednesday nights with another girl.
01 October at 00:47
Karlene T. Clark
make sure you let your boss know what's going on. (says the boss)
01 October at 09:21
Matthew Helm
Karlene, Can I possibly get a bonus for every weirdo I "escort" out of the library? You know, kinda like a library bouncer.
01 October at 09:40
Jennifer Conway
Police report has been filed, now who's taking me mace shopping?
01 October at 12:47
Jennifer Conway
nope. He's blonde, wears BDUs, stares a lot for hours.
Jennifer Conway
According to my co-worker, he was escorted out of the building by campus police, so the danger may well be over.
01 October at 20:08