06 October 2009

Twas the week of midterms...


and all through 5th floor,
SLIS students are preparing
for midterms and more!

Well it's midterms this week! I have one big one this week in LS 500. Actually, it's one that I have to devote 3 hours in front of my computer at any given time between class being over this week and next Wednesday. I'm thinking that I might have to take it on Thursday due to being tasked to teach TLC (Training Leaders of Cadets) in GA Wing for CAP at Dobbins ARB. I'll be there for that Friday through Sunday.
My weekends in October are pretty busy. This last weekend, I went to WESS (Wing Emergency Services School) in Montgomery, AL. I'm going through the Team Leader School. I've done this type of training before hand back in North Dakota, however, it's been awhile...
This coming weekend is TLC at Dobbins ARB, GA. Then the weekend after that is my weekend class - LS 505 Collection Development. Some of the weekend classes in SLIS are held up in Gadsden, AL (a nice 1.5 or so drive from Tuscaloosa) on a Friday and Saturday. Others are on campus at the library. However, this one is in Gadsden. (Actually this is the second class I've taken up in Gadsden - my other one was the Childrens Literature class.) The class only meets 4 weekends this semester, so it's not too bad.
The weekend after that a friend from CAP is going to be here in Tuscaloosa for the Auburn/Alabama Rugby game. She's on the Auburn team and will be crashing at my place. Then Halloween weekend, I'm still not entirely sure what is going to be going on, but it might happen that the cadets in my squadron will be going to Birmingham to go gliding - still up in the air though, so it may happen in November if it falls through.
Now off to to my article review and then get ready for CAP tonight - we're starting the Model Rocketry program. And probably be a little more productive and get more work done on my papers for my other classes...

No comments:

Post a Comment