30 March 2010

Back to the grind...

Well I have returned from ND and I'm back into the swing of things with school. I left Sunday afternoon after I spent the morning with Firestarters. Lunch was awesome. (I loved the pulled pork sandwiches David (Jarrett's dad) made...drool....[I love that they can cook since I can and will manage to burn the simple things such as grilled cheese....] but I digress...)
It was nice to be back up north, even though most of it was spent doing National Guard things. Even though I wasn't able to get as much school work as I had liked to do while I was up there. I did manage to get out an application for a librarian position at NDSU (North Dakota State University), which is pretty much a step away from my hometown.
The position looks like alot of fun to me. It's the Educational Services Librarian, where they: (from job description)
Subject librarians provide general and specialized reference and research services for the NDSU Libraries; provide instruction and information literacy services and support; are responsible for assigned subject collection development; act as liaisons to academic departments; actively engage in professional development and other scholarly activities; and complete other projects and duties as assigned.
I ended in the library one of the days I was back. I think it was the last day I was doing Guard stuff...not entirely sure at the moment...my days started to run together after awhile...
I was working on my Reference notebook for LS 507 and was going to leave the library to meet up with Jarrett at the university archive, when I decided I should ask the reference librarian if she happened to know more about the Educational Services librarian position.
Turns out that she did! It was actually her old position. She ended up moving up in the library structure. She talked more about what she envisioned the position to be since she's going to be overseeing it. (I was alittle shocked and alittle upset with myself over the fact that I might have smelt like jet fuel and was dressed down in a AF hoodie, and jeans....) But then again it might have gone really well. We talked about the position, other library things and other random things for like an hour and a half. I had to leave so I could meet up with Jarrett since he was done for the day at the archive. (He's doing something extremely awesome - for his Archival Photography class, he gets to go through a collection, sort them, make a finding aid and put the photographs in plastic sleeves. He was working on the collection of (uh can't remember the first name, but his last name was) Steele, who was in WWI, I believe, and was a commandant for the Army ROTC program there at NDSU back in the day.)
Jarrett was very proud of what he was doing. I felt bad that I missed getting there in time before the archive closed. I did end up seeing what he did the day later though. ...still feel bad though...
But anywhoozers, I need to get back to my schoolwork. Hard to believe that theres pretty much a month of this left!

No comments:

Post a Comment