01 May 2010

May Day!

It's already May! Wow! Summer is pretty much here, the semester is almost over - it's a great feeling. *happy Snoopy-like dance*
I only have a few more things to do for my classes - pretty much submitting a few last things for my classes.
I'm amazed that I was able to stay up with everything for my 5 classes this semesters - even with having to go home for my Grandmother Elaine's funeral, and then being stuck up there a week longer after Spring Break due to being on State Active Duty for the flooding.
I realized that I haven't done much with blogging
here last month - well to be fair, I've been pretty busy playing catch up - doing homework and staying busy with CAP (either with the squadron or the wing).
Last weekend was really busy for me - I helped out with a conference that was held here at the University of Alabama - The National Latino Children's Literature Conference. I wasn't there long, but I helped set up for the conference and then presented my poster, whic
h was about Pura Belpré. Oralia Garza de Cortés was a keynote speaker for the conference and is also the co-founder to the Pura Belpré Award. She took a look at my poster and asked if it could be used at ALA this summer!! :D Yay!
After the conference, I was down in Montgomery for WESS - Alabama Wing Emergency Services School, where I was participating in the Ground Team Leader School (GTL) - which I finished and graduated. Yay for being a re-qualified GTL!!
Today is my last day of class - It's pretty exciting to me actually. In less than a week, Jarrett will be flying in and will be here over the weekend, where there will be UA's spring graduation and Tuscaloosa's Airshow.
One last cool thing - I found my 1st 4-leaf clover today after lunch. :) We'll see how many I find this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment