24 June 2010

ALA!!

Well I know it's been awhile since I've posted here. Needless to say I've been busy...here there and just about everywhere.
After I completed my internship at the Chester Fritz Library, I went straight into doing a few days of Annual Training for the Air Guard in Fargo.
Oh but it doesn't stop there - that following Saturday, I drove out to Indiana to Camp Atterbury for NESA. I was on staff for the Basic GSAR school (Ground Search and Rescue) as a FTA (Field Training Advisor. SOO MUCH FUN!!! :D It was the first time I'd ever been to NESA ... (I really don't know why I didn't go earlier...) I got to do things such as run the Land Nav courses, help out with some of the classroom things, and other random tasks I was assigned to do. I really wasn't liking life on Monday morning when I had to go find all the points for the nav course and most of the woods had standing water... I was sad that I had to leave though. The other FTAs were fun to work with, but I had to leave because week was more Annual Training for the Guard and leaving for ALA.
As of right this very moment, I'm sitting in the MSP airport waiting for my flight. Oh the joys of standby and cxled flights...
More to come later.

1 comment:

  1. It was lovely to meet you at ALA! I enjoyed our time waiting in line together (and you were right - very short line for Julia Alvarez!). Hope you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete