Wow - Sorry everyone! It has been a long time since I've posted anything here!
Seems not to long ago that I was on my way to DC for my first ALA conference.
The conference was amazing! Though I kept getting sucked down into the void that was the vendors - so many free books! I ended up sending home 3 boxes of books. I know, I know...it's a sickness and no, I don't need therapy..
I was able to go to ALA on a program called Student to Staff - I had my conference fee, hotel and a stipend in turn for my time working at the conference with one of the offices. I ended up working with the Press Room - which was alot of fun! I gave the registered press their passes and sometimes doubled as an information desk... I met some authors - such as Holly Black! EEee! :D
I met a few other student to staffers - one of them ended up putting together a short skit for the DEMCO book cart drill team - ALA student to staff kids. Yes, I got myself involved and yes I had fun! It was based on a book one of them had created, though he said there hasn't been a publisher that's picked up his book yet.
It wasn't much after ALA, that August was upon us and it was Graduation for me. I had moved all my stuff back up here a couple weeks beforehand and I turned around a couple after to go to Graduation for the weekend.
Graduation was HOT! Well, a hecka lot warmer than I would have liked it to be. I'm soo glad that I had a swimsuit underneath my gown. It was cooler but still way to hot for this Northerner. After the ceremony, we took off back up north. We as in me, Jarrett and Carly. Carly is one of my friends from Alabama. She stayed with us for a week up here. We had fun - visiting random places, especially the libraries. :)
Speaking of libraries - I found a job up here in Fargo at the Fargo Public Library, where I am the Acquisitions Librarian - essentially, I buy things for the library. Quite possibly one of the best things is, having to go to Barnes and Noble to go buy extra copies of items. :D Win! I've been here for a few weeks now and I've really been enjoying it!
I'm still paying attention to your posts ;)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your job! Employment in way less than 6 months. Good job! Denyse
ReplyDelete